We still need to fill the post of fixtures secretary. There will be support from the club captains and head coaches and a majority of the effort is required pre-season. During season we estimate 2hrs per week
Details of the role is as follows;
Who will I be responsible to?
The Club Captains
What is my role?
The primary purpose of this role is to organise the clubs friendly and league fixtures in accordance with league rules and club policy
What else can you tell me about the role?
The fixture secretary must be exceptionally well organised and to ensure all fixtures are correctly arranged and a good communicator as the fixture secretary needs to liaise with a number of different people
How much time will I need to give to the role?
A large expenditure of time is required prior to the start of the season when the majority of the fixtures are arranged. Some time is required during the course of the season to re arrange any matches which have been cancelled
What tasks are involved?
1. Produce and maintain a master fixture list showing times, dates and venues for all competitive and
friendly games (including pre-season and mid-league breaks, but excluding summer hockey and tours)
2. Arrange venues and times for all competitive and friendly home games (including re-arranging
postponed games) ensuring league rules and club policies are observed
3. Liaise with Facilities Manager to determine availability of home venues and request booking of pitches and teas
4. Inform Umpires Coordinator of any changes to fixtures (home or away) and where possible accommodate requests to arrange fixtures to suit likely availability of home umpires
5. Liaise with opposition Fixtures Secretaries to arrange friendlies, collate a list of away league fixtures and re-arrange postponed league games
6. Liaise with Team Captains regarding preferences for friendlies and rearranged fixtures
Please contact me to discuss the role in further detail
Updated 15:48 - 1 Jun 2018 by Steven Longbottom